Thursday 15 October 2009

snow in Bavaria

Thursday, 15.10.2009, 20:50, Baierbach, Stephanskirchen, Bavaria, Germany (almost Austria), snow is lying on the ground, the last fruits were rescued off the trees, the geese are being killed tomorrow, the mountains are hiding in the clouds but are beautiful when they appear and my room is very cold as I opened the window for a bit.

For everyone who still doesn't know: I am in Bavaria for six months interning with Marc O'Polo international in their HR department. Marc O'Polo make clothes, nice clothes, somewhat expensive if you are not employed by them, check out the homepage if you want to get an impression (www.marc-o-polo.com I think). Currently I am living on a beautiful old farm in the middle of nowhere, which for all its beauty is very inconvenient for which reason I am moving into town hopefully as soon as next weekend. Town being Rosenheim, largest town in Oberbayern (after Munich obviously) with 60'500+ inhabitants. Back to civilisation. Baierbach where I currently live probably doesn't even have 100 inhabitants and also doesn't even have a village shop and the bus only runs a couple of times a day. In the snow without a car life is not so interesting here but at least now the internet works so I can communicate with y'all.

Today was my first day of work and my brain is still trying to process the complete and utter information overload. I have a whole folder of stuff, info, processes, etc that I need to understand and be able to use and have been shown many things on the computer already too and even attended a meeting. I think it will take me about a week to get past this stage of just soaking up info and doing what I am told like a robot. At least everyone in the team seems really nice, I even got a little welcome plant for on my desk, hehe. The Swiss chocolate was also highly appreciated and hopefully increased their appreciation of me too.

I have so much I could write about I don't even know where to start. Having neglected the blog of the summer there is so much time missing where I wrote my dissertation, surpised Lena in Winti, went on holiday to Liverpool, spent one day here in Bayern to be interviewed for my position, went back to the South coast of the UK and soaked up some sun in Bexhill and Brighton before returning tp Switzerland for two weeks where I mainly spent time with friends, eating, drinking, and being merry. And now here there are so many things I could tell you about like how beautiful the Simssee is (one weekend destination: the Herreninsel on the Chiemsee but that might have to wait until the Spring) or about the other girl living here who talks so much but I am so appreciative of as being here alone would be incredibly lonely or many other things. As I don't have the energy to write about everything or even decide what few things to write about I am just going to leave it as it is.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment