Saturday 24 October 2009

next new home

just a short post to say I have moved into town, town being Rosenheim, into a lovely old appartment shared with four others (only two of whom I have met so far). I love the flat and living in town is great (although shopping is a great temptation) and the flatmates I have met so far are really nice and there is a wool shop just across the road that sells reallyreally nice wool andandand. all good things so far! I am now rather tired from moving, buying stuff, and generally wandering around but still made it out to the cinema with Julia (who I lived at the farm with) and Nici (another MOP intern) to see 500 days of summer (in German, boo hiss). time to try out my new bed. had to buy myself a duvet and bedsheets and a towel in a funny shop called Mömax (Möbel Max), which has styled itself to look exactly like IKEA except that their colours are bright pink and green rather than blue and yellow. very amusing. it is funny to hear noises from outside again (other than the odd tractor passing and cow mooing) but also there is a guy in the flat underneath who has some kind of mental issue and shouts/screams/groans a lot during the night. thankfully I had been warned about this but it is still slightly eery. ooh, just remembered, one hour extra sleep tomorrow! my germanisms are worse when I am tired. better go to bed. buenos nachos! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment