Wednesday 11 February 2009

hobbling goblin gobbling

This is a little celebration post to celebrate .... me! What a surprise! Well actually to celebrate my success in the exams and essays so far! This is my way to let the world know that I passed all of my exams and essays and am more or less pleased with my results and am averaging about 65%, which is very pleasing. Woooo!

Other than that life is nearly going on as usual. Nearly because at the moment I am hobbling around with big blisters on my feet from being to energetic on the treadmill. Am a bit sad about this because it was going very well and I was getting quite into the running thing. Anyway all this hobbling and nastiness on my feet means I am missing meetings and things that I would have liked to go to in order to air my feet and let my wounds heal but still there is plenty of things going on: Human Rights Film Series tonight, lectures and seminars tomorrow, meeting with someone from the Red Cross to hopefully organise some volunteering, and with a potential (hopefully not only potential!) supervisor for my research project on Friday, day trip to York on Saturday, and then lots of visitors, first hand-in date, counselling workshop, etc next week! Sounds exhausting just reading it.

Not sure if I had already mentioned the snow in one of my last posts but thought I would mention it again. The UK (and I think the continent too) is suffering from bizarre extreme weather periods. It has snowed about three times in the last week here in Nottingham and we have had snowball fights and built a snowman. Now it is back to the usual mixture of sunshine and grayness (usually both on one day) but other parts of England are still having snow I think. My wellies certainly came in very useful. Hopefully the weather will be ok on Saturday to go to York and next week when Lena & Co. are here. I think I might have said this already in one of my previous posts... Sign of old age. Heyho.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment