Wednesday 22 October 2008

the sun is shining but not in basel

New things have been happening since my last blog: I have bought lovely wellies (white with pink bits and little pink flowers) and a proper jacket so that I can go and volunteer with the RDA (riding for the disabled association), I have been nominated as Hall Rep fro Cloister House, and FC Basel is currently losing badly against FC Barcelona.

I went to Lings Lane Stables this morning for my first introduction to working with the RDA and it was a great experience. The kids that came suffer from autism or aspergers syndrome (so mental learning disabilities, some more severe, some less) but were very enthusiastic and could hardly wait for when the time came to have a trot! (The volunteers less so as it meant running alongside the ponies) I was even allowed to lead a pony (Star) for the second half of the lesson! Sadly my timetable changes so I will not be able to continue working with the same group but will change groups to a Thursday afternoon group apparently consisting of more severely disabled kids (not only mentally but also physically disabled). It was also just nice to be around horses again even though it did make me want to sit on one again even more than before so I hope I will be able to keep up with the volunteering. If I sort out my time management all things should be possible.

I should get some more work done on my essay as it is due quite soon and also carry on watching the small FCB being slaughtered by the big FCB. Thankfully I am not watching it live but only on the liveticker otherwise I think I might actually be depressed. Oh believe it or not since I have been writing this the second half begun and Barcelona is now leading 5:0. The game is in Basel. I will not swear on my blog.

xx

1 comment: